200 million registered accounts, 2022 Mario cartoon and new console – highlights from Nintendo’s briefing
Nintendo recently held an online briefing for investors and executives to share its successes and plans for the near future. There were no major announcements during the event, but there are still some interesting points.
The most important thing:
- Mobile game downloads have exceeded 650 million since 2016 – Nintendo mobile titles are available in 164 countries and regions; the company plans to expand the mobile segment further, saying these games are pushing users to purchase Switch
- A cartoon about Mario from Illumination (“Minions”, “Despicable Me”) will be released in 2022 – production is progressing very smoothly, one of the producers of the cartoon is Shigeru Miyamoto; Universal Pictures will distribute Mario
- Nintendo Accounts Over 200 Million – Big Leap With Mobile Mario Kart Tour
- Nintendo Switch Online Subscription Users Exceeded 26 Million
- Nintendo also mentioned a new console coming after Nintendo Switch – it’s unclear if this will be a completely new system or an upgrade to the current one
The company also officially announced that the next Nintendo Direct Mini will take place on September 17 at 17-00 Moscow time – it will focus on games from third-party studios.